About the City Administrator's Office
The City of Baldwin operates under a Council-Administrator form of government.
The elected City Council sets policy objectives and the City Administrator ensures they are carried out and administered effectively. The City Administrator serves at the pleasure of the City Council and is the City Council's chief advisor. This form of government can be likened to the private sector relationship between a board of a corporation and its Chief Executive or Chief Administrative Officer.
In addition to implementing City Council policy, the City Administrator is also responsible for the following:
- overall management of City operations
- appointing department directors
- coordinating the development and analysis of policy recommendations presented to the City Council
- preparing and proposing an annual budget for consideration by the City Council
- enforcing municipal laws and ordinances
ABOUT THE CITY ADMINISTRATOR
Glenn Rodden has been with the City since 2016.
Glenn has a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science; Master's in Public Administration; Master's in American History; PhD in American History from Northern Illinois University.