Baldwin City has municipal-owned Electric, Water, and Sewer. These services, as well as trash, come bundled together into one monthly bill, due the 25th of each month.
Late Fees and Disconnect
Unpaid accounts are assessed a 10% late fee on the 26th of each month. Services will be discontinued if not paid by 5pm on the 5th day of the following month. To restart a discontinued account, the past due amount plus applicable reconnect fees of $70 for electricity and/or $50 for water must be paid.
Trash & Recycling 1-800-494-3227
Trash is contracted through Ottawa Sanitation Service. Trash day for properties north of High Street is on Monday; south of High Street is picked up Wednesday.
Curbside recycling is offered through Ottawa Sanitation with sign up at City Hall. Cost is $4.50 added to the monthly utility bill. Ottawa Sanitation will provide an 18 gallon bin.
Recycling is always picked up on Wednesday, no matter what your trash day is.
To establish service for water, electric, sewer, and trash:
- Fill out a utility card at City Hall
- Provide a current driver's license
- Pay a connection fee of $40
- Pay applicable deposits: $100 for electric, $50 for water. Deposits, plus any interest earned, are applied to the final bill. If you are due a refund, it will be mailed to the forwarding address you provide.
- Usually mailed out by the 10th.
- Due by the 25th of each month at 5pm.
- Make credit card payments online here.
- Ask about auto payment options at City Hall.
Mail your payment: PO Box 86, Baldwin City, KS 66006; bring in during business hours; or put your payment in the drop box located south of the City Hall door on 8th Street.